So I got a second wind and headed back out to the shop to regrind the tip of this morning's knife.
It was a bit of a roller coaster. At one point I had mucked up the tip, the main bevel, AND the flats.
At that point I had nothing to lose, so I put a 60-grit on the KMG and went to work. I was able to get the flats and main bevel repaired. When it was time to grind the tip, I turned the KMG down to 20% and started with a 120-grit.
At one critical point I actually switched from the grinder to sandpaper. I clamped the blade in the vice, wrapped some 220-grit paper around a G10 scale, and proceeded to finish cutting in the tip with good ole' elbow grease. Success!
I then switched back to the grinder and cleaned everything up with my typical Trizact progression.
I must say, I'm quite happy with how this knife is turning out. I think I'm going to use black & grey G10 scales and my dark stonewashed finish on this one.
From Knife Making